Interview_B


10 Behavioral Interview Questions and Answers – 51 to 60 of 100 Most Asked


51.       What have been the greatest obstacles you have faced in building a team?
As my last company was a multinational company I faced forming my team that they came from different country and different background. So I choose the team members who were motivated to demonstrate a skill and make a difference. I arranged English lesson courses for the team members who were weak in English. Then I arranged a friendly gathering at my house to share every team member’s custom. There, we found out that we may come from different country but everyone of us posses to work. Getting known to each other and our strengths, we had clear idea on every one. Thus we made an awesome team.

52.       Describe a situation that required you to do a number of things at the same time. How did you handle it?
To do so you need to show your multitasking skills. You have to make interviewer believe that you can do more things at a same time.
Sample Ans: I was into a situation of doing two different works at my last working place. Since we were doing project there was a shortage of an experienced manager but the company couldn’t afford one due to project budget. So my boss told me to do the management works also the technical support in exchange he will increase my monthly benefits. So I took the challenge and gave my full effort on management. I placed my position at 2nd level technical support where I have little to concentrate but more to managerial things. I kept a record of previous trouble shooting records and also divided the work among the workers. They also understood my situation and help me to do the two things simultaneously.

53.       Tell me about your previous success in building a customer base from a standing start. What steps did you take?
To build a customer base you need to follow these steps:
a.       Target a specific client group or geographic area.
b.      Maintain strong communication.
c.       Advertise passing the traditional way.
d.      Keep journals.
Tell them your story regarding these steps.

54.       Describe a situation in which you had to arrive at a compromise or help others to compromise. What was your role? What steps did you take? What was the result?
Sometime Compromising by you is not enough. You have to make other team members to maintain a proper transaction of a company.
Sample Ans: my last company once got a big project from government. It was 500$ million dollar project on building bridges. We all were excited doing that big project as it was a great challenge for us. Our managers were providing proper remuneration to us to run the project smoothly. But after one year the government failed to meet the dead line of paying our debt and the company face serious money crisis. Then we, the workers, faced the lower budget allocation from company too. The worker started startled and also some people left the job. But I didn’t lose the hope and also made understand others that if the government is going to paying us, we are going to get a huge money. They listened to me and we stayed there for longer time. At the end of the project, government did pay the debt with interest and our company awarded us with great bonus. I was also awarded by my mangers and promoted afterward.

5.       What was the biggest mistake you have made when delegating work as part of a team project?
We all make mistake. There is no big deal if any mistake is done. But, you need to admit the mistake, solve it and move on.
Tell interviewer your story following these steps:
a.       You have admitted your mistake.
b.      You didn’t make any excuses.
c.       You made a plan to ensure that you will never make this same mistake again.
d.      You volunteered to fix that at your own time.
e.      You have moved on.

56.       Tell me about a particular work-related setback you have faced. How did you deal with it?
If you have an employment gap on your resume, the interviewer will probably ask you what you have been doing while you were out of work.
The best way to answer this question is to be honest, but do have an answer prepared. You will want to let the interviewer know that you were busy and active, regardless of whether you were out of work by choice, or otherwise.
As I said, it doesn't really matter what you did, as long as you have an explanation. Hiring managers understand that people lose their job - it can happen to anyone - and it's not always easy to find a new job fast. Also, there are legitimate non-employment reasons for being out of the workforce.

57.       When have you ever found yourself in a competitive situation professionally? How did you handle it?
Competition exists in everywhere. And at workplace it’s ever more severe as the promotions are little and the employees are in big number. I have also faced competitive situation too. To rise above all, what I did special was worked more than by scope, maintain proper connection with bosses and colleagues and followed company policy strictly.

58.       Do you think both knowledge and smartness are equally important to make a successful communication with client? Please describe how?
Yes I think both knowledge and smartness are equally important to make a successful communication. For the matter of knowledge, it’s mandatory to know how the company works. I would suggest everyone to work with the field level workers at least once in his professional time. If he/she doesn’t know how a machine works he/she will not be capable of running successful business. And who doesn’t know how his company runs will never give the feed back towards the customer. Also the educational knowledge and business knowledge is necessary to communicate with the customer.
Now the smartness is for the topping the knowledge. To understand the customer needs and wants and how to bridge the available resources with these is the prime concern of the smartness. Handling customers and building better bonds also are the part of smartness. We need to just remember customer wants a smart and viable solution, not a linger one.

59.       Tell me about a time you have “inherited” a customer. What steps did you take to establish rapport with them? What did you do to gain their trust?
Every company is customer focused. How much you can bring offers from customer is the main concern. To do so you have to build strong relationship with customers. Here interviewer wants to see your strategy.
Sample Ans: the position of my last company was an executive of a customer relation. To build trust with them I have follow some procedures which lead me to the success.
a.       I always value my customer opinion
b.      I offer money back guaranty.
c.       I always respond to crisis quickly.
d.      I try to create a consistent brand image.
e.      And I always deliver more than the promise.

60.   Have you ever had to “sell” an idea to your co-workers? How did you do it?
Interviewer wants to see how passionate you are to your job.  Not only generating idea isn’t enough, you have to give it a life. How you do it is the prime thing to know here.

Sample Ans: To sell my idea to my boss or to my co-workers, first I examine the idea intensely by myself. I try to find out the result and the future effect. Then I go to my peers and show them the blue print, the resources and the outcome. I try to involve them to my idea too. Their suggestions and criticisms are also welcomed. Then I present it to my boss.