Interview_B


10 Behavioral Interview Questions and Answers – 41 to 50 of 100 Most Asked


41.       How would you handle if your subordinates are not following your directions?
Dealing with arrogant employee or contractor is a big challenge for every employee. But you have to overcome it to get things done. Handling them will also show your managing capability that the interviewer seeking.
Sample answer: I’ll document the bad behavior. Including dates, a detailed description of each incident and who reported/witnessed it. Then I’ll evaluate the behavior. I’ll monitor is the behavior directed to you, customers, coworkers? How aggressive is the behavior? Is the employee experiencing a personal issue or problem that could be causing the behavior? Then I’ll have verbal discussion and warning to that employee and will try to solve it on first hand. If it is not working then my next step will be written letter and then termination for further actions.

42.       Tell me about a situation in which you have had to adjust to changes over which you had no control. How did you handle it?
Suggestion: here interviewer wants to see how you cope up with changes.
Sample Ans: due to last year’s rescission over economy my last company was merged to another big company. So we, the old stuffs became new stuff overnight. The new company rules are so different from our previous company and the new management was little boor. But we didn’t broke and decided to take this change positively. We read the new office rules from the management and discussed how to get mixed up with others. We talked and interacted with new employees, learned new technologies, dined outside and found that change is not a bad option! Rather it’s a good one to evolve your career.

43.       Tell me about a time when you had to adjust to a colleague’s working style in order to complete a project or achieve your objectives.
As nobody can’t work alone and has to get help from others, it necessary to learn the behavior of co-workers.
At my last team I had a colleague who came from Nigeria. He is a very pious man and prays his prayer 3times at working hour no matter what important meeting or trouble comes by. As he was my only partner of work and this is a religious issue, I learned when he’ll go out of office for prayer and kept myself prepared for report submission, or arranging meeting after the prayer time. I also notified him what I did when he was outside of the office. Gradually he understood my adjusting behavior and became good friend overtime.

44.       Tell me about a time when you had to face a customer‘s query without the information you needed. How did you handle it?
I have faced many times when customer asked me about something and I had no data regarding this. Then what I do is:
a.       If I have little data, I say, “Though I have little data I think this is that or going to be that way.”
b.      If I have no idea then I say, “with respect sir I have no data about the information you are asking about but I will provide you if little time is given.”
c.       If the query is too urgent then I say, “Sir I have no information but from my experience I can say this can go that way.” I use my educated guess.


45.       Discuss a time when your integrity was challenged. How did you handle it?
Don’t compromise with your dignity. If you do so, you will be shown as a weak person.
Sample Ans:
When I found there was a conflict with my moral and company policy I raised my voice to my manager and explained him that I couldn’t work this situation. If he can change only then I can work under him. If not, then I am leaving.

46.       Tell me about a business situation when you felt honesty was inappropriate. Why? What did you do?
Don’t mention when and how the dishonesty occurred. You should keep privacy to your last company too.
Sample Ans: once I had to work with the finance team of my company. There I found out they are hiding taxes of various sources. Watching that I told my manger I couldn’t work this way and to change my department.

47.       Give a specific example of a policy you conformed to with which you did not agree. Why?
Sample Ans: At my last company the management made a new policy that an employee can claim his overtime if he or she works more than 20 hours per week. I was opposed it completely as the overtime is the time earned by an employer when he or she has to relax. I along with every co-worker filed complaint against this policy and later they got back to the previous condition.

48.       Describe a situation where you found yourself dealing with someone who didn’t like you. How did you handle it?

At my past company there was a colleague who didn’t like me with any reason! I talked with his peer and found that he doesn’t like my political view. Then I went to him and said “listen, workplace is not a place of state politics. You may have your own view and I should have mine. But it doesn’t mean I disrespect you. I am sure you support your team with valid reasons and I support mine. Then why we would pollute our official relationship? If anytime you feel I am wring please come to me and tell directly what is my problem, I will try my level best to solve that.” Then he agreed with me and we worked for a long and peace year until me our contract end.
Suggestion:
In an office or a workplace there should be different types of people. There is mixed culture, mixed race and anything. People may hate you because of your favorite football team or you earn more than him! And you can do the same. But keep that inside. Remember to respect others as well as claim respect from others. If a person dint like you, eventually you will notify that. If he is not into your league, ignore him. But, if he is key player into your team, resolve it. Talk. Talking helps changing any state. He may never listen how you talk or how big heart you have. Make him understand you like him even he doesn’t like you. And if can come with good stories like these ways, interviewer will judge you as a good team player as well as a friendly colleague. Make them believe. Everyone wants a smiley and helpful person.
Dealing with arrogant employee or contractor is a big challenge for every employee. But you have to overcome it to get things done. Handling them will also show your managing capability that the interviewer seeking.
Sample answer: I’ll document the bad behavior. Including dates, a detailed description of each incident and who reported/witnessed it. Then I’ll evaluate the behavior. I’ll monitor if the behavior directed to me, customers, and coworkers? How aggressive is the behavior? Is the employee experiencing a personal issue or problem that could be causing the behavior? Then I’ll have verbal discussion and warning to that employee and will try to solve it on first hand. If it is not working then my next step will be written letter and then termination for further actions.

49.       What are the key ingredients in guiding and maintaining successful business relationships? Give me examples of how you have made these works for you.
For guiding and maintain a good relationship with customers these steps should keep into mind:
a.       Get the feedback.
b.      Become the key resource.
c.       Being prompt with inquiries
d.      Listen
Tell your story regarding these steps.
Sample Ans: one of my customers was a big company of this field and we maintained a strong relation with them for years. How we did was, we listened to them. What are those questions, their need and their future plans. We became a source of their strengths. We had numerous meeting with them and knowledge sharing sessions. We made our relation not by customer and seller rather a friend to friend to friend.

50.   What has been your greatest leadership achievement in a professional environment? Talk through the steps you took to reach it.

To be a leader I started my career from grass root level. First I mastered the technical matters then lead a small team consisting four members. Upon my success, my boss gave me the opportunity to lead another team of 27 people. Through my career I have listen every one of my co workers and tried to solve their problem. I am a friend to them more than a manager. I am firm and kind. I am also a good decision maker. I also did my project management courses to know the academic formulas too. And I must say they helped me a lot