Interview_B


10 Behavioral Interview Questions and Answers – 31 to 40 of 100 Most Asked


31.       What are the workplace ethics you will follow at your workplace?
This question is to know about you how will come up with new workplace and will follow at your career. The top most priorities should be given at punctuality, helpful character, altruistic and goal oriented.
Punctuality: Tell they how will be punctual at your workplace. Coming on time and going out when bell rings also complete the given work. Also mention that you will look for other works which are not even your responsibility but related with your work. But don’t be generalized. Tell them you will strictly follow the office rules and dress code.
Positive, helpful character: tell them you will be helpful to your colleagues. You will take help also help others when needed. There is no limit on learning and building communication.
Goal oriented: tell them your future plan. Tell them how you’ll reach there. Use concrete data and year by year planning. But before doing that makes sure you have done your homework.

32.       Have you ever faced workplace bullying? How you reacted?
Workplace bulling is a common phenomenon since the birth of the industrialization. The stronger or “self-thought smart” people has been harassing other “normal” people with cruelty. So being a corner guy is not the solution. Some people may force you to do his or work and take all the credit. And then on coffee corner he wills you give you a weird name, these are happing!
Tell them you will stand strong against all kind of criticizing and bulling. Show you dignity before them. Tell them you know how to keep trace and how to prove that person wrong before your manger. Don’t be shy guy blaming his luck! Interviewer wants to see the spark inside you.

33.       What has been the biggest disappointment in your life?
Your response to the question "What has been the greatest disappointment in your life?" will help the interviewer determine know how easily you are discouraged.
Sample Answer: If possible, tell about a personal disappointment i.e. the early death of a parent, child, or school friend. Believe it or not, it is okay to have not had a "greatest" disappointment.

34.       When was the last time you were angry and what happened?
When the interviewer asks, "When Was the Last Time You Were Angry? What Happened?" he or she wants to know if you lose control. The real meaning of the word "angry", to an interviewer, is loss of control and it's important to know how you handle situations when you're angry.
Sample Answer: Anger to me means loss of control. I do not lose control. When I get stressed, I step back, take a deep breath, thoughtfully think through the situation and then begin to formulate a plan of action.

35.       Give us an example of a situation where you didn't meet your goals or objectives.
What they're looking for with this one is an example of where objectives weren't met and what you did to rectify the situation.
Better still; provide an example of where things almost went wrong and what you did to prevent it.
Beware: a common trap to fall into is to give one of the following two answers:
Bad: "I can't think of such a situation."
This makes you either seem unbelievably perfect (i.e. arrogant) or completely naïve and unable to spot and avoid potential disaster.
Bad: Give an example of a situation that went wrong, but not realize until you're half way through the story that it doesn't have a happy ending!
Try to make the examples relevant to the job for which you are applying.
However, it's generally acceptable to offer non-work related examples, if these are good illustrations of transferable skills required for the job.

36.       Have you ever had a conflict with a boss or professor? How was it resolved?
Note that if you say no, most interviewers will keep drilling deeper to find a conflict. The key is how you behaviorally reacted to conflict and what you did to resolve it.
For example: “Yes, I have had conflicts in the past. Never major ones, but there have been disagreements that needed to be resolved. I've found that when conflict occurs, it helps to fully understand the other person’s perspective, so I take time to listen to their point of view, and then I seek to work out a collaborative solution. For example . . .”
Focus your answer on the behavioral process for resolving the conflict and working collaboratively. Tell them this is the professional life. There is nothing personal issues. All the things are official. So I don’t try to conflict and others but if I have some, I try not to avoid it rather overcome it by discussion. Talking gives me better understanding and helps me to build better communication.

37.       If you know your boss is 100% wrong about something, how would you handle this?
An answer that works well is: "It depends on the situation and the personality of the supervisor." To elaborate, give examples:
My present supervisor does not like to have his authority questioned. He's fairly new on the job and almost all of the people he supervises have been on the job longer than he has. He's never bothered to learn the procedures, how things are done or how the computer system works. But if any of us tell him that how he wants something done won't work, he gets extremely angry. So, I never tell him he's wrong, never. Whatever he tells me to do; I smile and say "okay." Then if I know a way to get it done that will work, I do it that way, give him the results he wants and never tell him I didn't do it the way he told me to. He got the results and is happy. I saved myself the stress of being yelled at and gave him what he wanted, so I'm happy.
My prior supervisor was more easy-going and if I told her "you know, I think it might work better if I do what you asked in such and such a way," she says "okay, try it."
If I were a new hire on a job, I would probably not question a supervisor because I might think I didn't know enough. Except on the new job I'm going to. The director has admitted that she's new on the job and there are a lot of things that a secretary does that she doesn't know how to do, so she will be depending on me to know how to keep the office running.

38.       What is the right environment for you to produce the best output?
Emphasize your flexibility and your ability to work in many different types of environments. Your answer should not consist of a laundry list of requirements (private office, few interruptions, and so on) or the interviewer may conclude that you will be difficult to satisfy.
Sample Answer: Although I can work effectively in most environments, I prefer environments where people are their own bosses, within reason. I like to have a goal but be able to draw my own map to get there. To accomplish goals, I rely on asking questions and finding people receptive, so cooperation and access are important to me in a work group.

39.       Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irate customer. How did you handle the situation?
How you react when others lose their temper or become upset is very important in most positions, especially those in service industries. The interviewer will be looking for evidence of your aptitude for work that involves a great deal of contact with the public. Give an example of a time when you were faced with a difficult person and how you handled it. Your answer should illustrate your maturity, diplomacy, and awareness of the needs and feelings of others.
Sample Answer: My customer service position at the telephone company involved dealing occasionally with irate customers. When that happened, I'd try to talk in calm, even voice, in order to get the person to respond in a businesslike manner and focus on trying to resolve the situation. Most times I was able to rectify the problem and pacify the customer, but I remember one incident in particular in which the caller became verbally abusive. I tried to remain calm and professional and not to let my personal feelings enter into the situation. I didn't respond to the abuse, I just made a knot of it and continued to help he customer as best I could. When the abuse persisted, however, I politely asked him to call back and ask for my manager, because at that point I knew I shouldn't resolve the problem.

40.   How do you follow directions?

The interviewer wants to know whether you are open - minded and can be a team player. Can you follow directions or are you a difficult, high-maintenance employee? Hopefully, you are a low-maintenance professional who is motivated to ask clarifying questions about a project before beginning, and who then gets on with the job at hand, coming back to initiate requests for direction as circumstances dictate.

This particular question can also be defined as "How do you take direction?" and "How do you accept criticism?" Your answer should cover both points: "I take direction well and recognize that it can come in two varieties, depending on the circumstances. There is carefully explained direction, when my boss has time to lay things out for me in detail; then there are those times when, as a result of deadlines and other pressures, the direction might be brief and to the point. While I have seen some people get upset with that, personally I've always understood that there are probably other considerations I am not aware of. As such, I take the direction and get on with the job without taking offense, so my boss can get on with their job. It's the only way."