Interview_B


10 Behavioral Interview Questions and Answers – 21 to 30 of 100 Most Asked


21.       Give me an example of a time when you were able to successfully communicate with another person even when that individual may not have personally liked you (or vice versa).
I respect everyone at my workplace with good ethics. No matter from where he came and what he did his past life. But I also found a guy who didn’t like me but I had work with him every day. So went to his desk at break told that office is a place of professionalism. We must unite to gain success. We have to learn what we have to do. I told him to do his work I’ll do mine. Then we will combine. I put him into the chain mail, took him to general meeting and depicted his scope of work. Gradually I build a strong bonding with him and we worked for three years until I left.

22.       Tell me about a problem that you’ve solved in a unique or unusual way. What was the outcome?
Though my last company was a big company currently at market we hadn’t any internal activity among us. We hardly knew other workers from different department. So I came up with an idea. I told my manager to lunch an office cafeteria where every employee no matter he is boss or grounds man, has to eat lunch together. They agreed with me and this showed a big achievement in our internal relation. Our company’s revenue also increased from the next year!

23.       Give me an example of when someone brought you a new idea that was odd or unusual. What did you do?
I was a manger at my last company. Once an employee came to me and he was saying it will help our company increase its revenue. First I sat with him a one to one meeting and heard his proposal. Then I appreciated him for his thinking for our company and praised him heartily. Then I gave him the glimpse of current situation and showed him how we are lacking resources. I also provided him with facts and possibilities. And at the end I took his proposal paper and told him I will try my best to implement it if possibilities are there.

24.       Give me an example of an important career goal which you set yourself and tell me how you reached it. What obstacles did you encounter? How did you overcome the obstacles?
Suggestion: start from the beginning. Build step by step with example.
My career goal is to see myself as a Technical manager or team leader. To go there first I have to have deep knowledge on equipment, their functions and trouble shooting. So I started my career as a field level engineer. From there I had the opportunity to work with the machines. I also read their manuals extensively. Then I started providing trouble shooting of different materials and their better solutions. Then I built my own team and started guiding them. To do so, I have to do every kind of managerial works which lead me to get focused from my upper management. And now I am a team leader of my project team and I am very grateful to it.

25.       Tell me about a professional goal that you set that you did not reach. How did it make you feel?
I want to be a chief technical officer of a technical company. To reach there I have completed my project management courses and currently I am leading a team too. I have direct involvement with customers and have better communication with other employees too. I am running my MBA degree along with my professional career. With addition to, I am building my network too. I am hard worker and self motivated too.  So I am pretty much sure to see myself at that position very soon.

26.       Tell me about a project you initiated. What did you do?
At my previous company, we were facing with the targeted sells. Though our product was high end and low priced but we couldn’t found any solid reason why the sales were down! Then I proposed my management to start a field level survey regarding this issue. But there was no one to take that responsibility. So I took charge and conducted a survey on 500 people from wholesale market.  Surprisingly we found that, our product material wasn’t catchy enough to the customers! We changed the whole outlook immediately with design experts. Then our product not only profitable for years but it became a trademark design for that kind of goods.

27.       Describe a situation where you had a conflict with another individual, and how you dealt with it. What was the outcome?
This is not the time to tell the interviewer how much you hate your current boss or colleagues!
It’s also not the point to launch into a tirade about how difficult people in your office are to work with and how many arguments you have.

So what are they looking for? They’re looking for someone who can rise above conflict and diffuse the emotions, finding a win-win solution.

Basically, recruiters want to employ people who will get on well with others, whilst still delivering the company’s objectives.

This type of question is your chance to demonstrate your interpersonal and team-working skills.
The interviewer will be looking for maturity and the ability to be able to keep your calm, whilst others around you are losing theirs. Don’t feel you have to provide an answer that gives you full credit for the solution – it can often be more powerful (if it’s true) to demonstrate how you worked with others to find a fix.

Practice your answer to this question. It can have many guises, but is almost guaranteed to be asked in some form.

28.       Tell me about a time when you had to work on a team with someone you did not get along with. What happened?
From this question interviewer wants to see what type of person you are. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Sample Answer: I was the data interpreter of my previous company. The work was a perfect match for me as it has to be done by one person. I was boss of my own work and gave full support others from my interpretations.
Or
I was a data analysis of my last company. The job was so monotonous that often I felt that I have isolated from other team member. Doing this job for 3 months I told my boss to give me opportunity to work with different project and he gave me the chance. I was like relived from work burden. 

29.       Tell me about a team project when you had to take charge of the project? What did you do? What was the result?
At my last working projects me as field supervisor. Though I never lead a team but I had good communication with every team members. One day, my immediate boss resigned from the job because of his personnel issue and my project manager told me to take the charge. I immediately took the chance and made a detailed plan to complete my project. As I have worked with other team member and I know them personally, I gave the work responsibilities according to their capability. I also kept them through monitoring. At the end of the day, with the help of them and my experience, we completed our project on time with solid customer satisfaction.

30.   If you ever face workplace racism, how would you handle it?
Tackling racism is no easy task. Discrimination may be unconscious and management may be unwilling to acknowledge that they may be unwilling to acknowledge that they might be discriminating. Employees may not always recognize the reasons for the treatment they receive. Where they suspect discrimination or they experience harassment, they may not wish to pursue their case for fear of a backlash.

Sample Ans: I would stand strictly against this behavior. I’ll complain directly to my boss. If that continues and my boss fails to solve this, I’ll rather leave my job.