Interview_B


10 Behavioral Interview Questions and Answers – 11 to 20 of 100 Most Asked

11.       What did you do in your last job to contribute toward a teamwork environment? Be specific.
Sample Ans: last year we have to work intensely for three months. Day long discussion, workshops, training needed for project completion. But our team bonding was weak. So we have to find out a solution how to make every one fit. I proposed towards management that it’s better to hire an apartment for three months for our team. When we lived together, our bonding became strong. Discussion was going till late night and the project was a great success.

12.       Give me an example of a problem you faced on the job, and tell me how you solved it.
At my last company there was a senior colleague who always tried to steal my performance and show it was his. As he was a senior I couldn’t raise my voice for first few months. Then I made way to publish my own achievement. I put my name after every report I made and started mailing the customers and upper bosses directly. I started giving them suggestions and discussed the matter with my other colleagues also. Also defined him what is my scope of work when he came for my help.

13.       Describe your most recent effort in group.
It means what is more you are providing to your company.
Sample Ans: while I was working no matter it is a technical support or management, I documented what I did and made training materials of my own. With the help of these documents I took various training for new employees and made a guideline for new comer as well as existing employees.

14.       Describe the worst customer or co-worker you have ever had and tell me how you dealt with him or her.
The question looks for information on two fronts: How do you define difficult? What was your handling of the situation? You must have a story, one in which the situation was tough and one which will allow you to show yourself in a good light. Avoid talking about problems that have to do with co-workers. You can talk about the difficult decision to fire someone, but emphasize that once you had examined the problem and reached a conclusion you acted quickly and professionally, with the best interests of the company at heart.

"What are some of the things that bother you?" "What are your pet hates?" "Tell me about the last time you felt anger on the job."
These questions are so similar that they can be treated as one. It is tremendously important that you show you can remain calm. Most of us have seen a co-worker lose his or her cool on occasion--not a pretty sight and one that every sensible employer wants to avoid. This question comes up more and more often the higher up the corporate ladder you climb, and the more frequent your contact with clients and the general public. To answer it, find something that angers conscientious workers. "I enjoy my work and believe in giving value to my employer."

15.       What have you done in the past to prevent a situation from becoming too stressful for you or your colleagues to handle?
I made an extensive work plane with date and time. I have set a goal and evaluated them on daily basis. I also arranged weekly meeting to share everyone’s progress and problems. We have divided our work according to the planned resources. We also sort out the extra work and minimized them by giving priorities.

16.       How was your transition from high school to university? Did you face any particular problems? How did you handle them?
Well I and my family lived in a village when I was at high school. After getting the chance to study at this urban university I move to city and found isolated from everyone with everything new. Then I went to student affair office and posted a notice if there anyone wants to stay with me as my roommate. Luckily I got one. Then me and my friend started our university lone life and copped up with city from time to time. We also made a good result by studying together.

17.       What steps do you follow to study a problem before making a decision?
The steps I follow to make a decision are:
a.       Identification of the problem.
b.      Allocation of weight.
c.       Available resources.
d.      And output.

18.       Tell me about a time that you were confused by a customer’s request. What steps did you take to clarify things?
When I became the marketing assistant manager I have to face problems regarding customers’ enquiry. One of them was a big company asking for price but the quantity was not mentioned. Then I assessed their last e-mails and our contract papers of supply. It was not clear though. Then I talked with my boss but he was into darkness to. Then I phoned the manager of that company and asked politely about their demand. Having five minutes conversation we were clear.

19.       When have you had to deal with an irate customer? What did you do?
Irate customer is a common phenomenon for almost every company. I had one too. He was the managing director of a leather company and we supplied string to them. But his demand never fulfills no matter how good quality product we supply.
To make smooth business with him I invited him a lunch at a good restaurant and had a detailed meeting with him. I also showed him his company’s benefit for our longer business commitment. I also talked about his favorite sports and gave him the space to feel comfort. Then I dropped his home by my car and let him to understand it better to make good relation above business and quality

20.   Tell me about a recent successful experience in making a presentation?
As I document regularly what I do, presentation is always good option for me. I took the revenue and loss data from marketing team. Problems and planning from technical team and business forecast from finance team. With the help of this information I build an informative and very useful presentation for company’s annual overall presentation.