Interview_B


10 Behavioral Interview Questions and Answers – 81 to 90 of 100 Most Asked

81.       What are the steps you have taken to make you company environment friendly?

Suggestion: Environmental friendliness is a big concern for running modern companies. Tell them the steps you have taken to reduce the carbon emission at your company.

Sample Ans: while I was the line manager of my last company I was very much concerned about the environment issues. I tried to make my company as much paperless as I could. I opt for the more sunlight than the electric bulb. As a result it helped me to cut the electricity bill also. I was set Small plants over the office premise. These steps not only helped me to make aware everyone about the environment but the mood of the employee was also up!  


82.       Describe a time when you made a suggestion to improve the work in your organization.

Suggestion: Tell them a suggestion that worked for betterment at your ex workplace or school or university. It could be an out of box idea or a conventional one but that should bring result.

Sample Ans: At my last work place I have given a proposal of “Knowledge sharing session”. There every employee should share their knowledge and experience to everyone. As a result we got an opportunity to how things are going and how to trouble shoot. Our communication skills also became high.

83.       Detail the action and steps you took in the situation.
Suggestion: Remember the five steps of planning.
a.       Identifying the problem.
b.      Giving priorities.
c.       Planning.
d.      Implementing and
e.      Monitoring.
If you have any of your own way of work also mentions. But remember to reduce the bureaucratic works. Outline the results and outcome of your actions. What happened, what was accomplished, what did you learn
84.       When scheduling your time, what method do you use to decide which items are priorities?
Suggestion: to scheduling your time give the higher priorities which are emergency and critical. Look for the date and the time for descending way. But for customer and client meeting should get the most priority.
85.       Describe how you've handled a sudden interruption to your schedule.
Suggestion: Think of the backup and the priority first.
Sample Ans: Any unwanted incident can occur at any time. And I have also faced same situation when I was abroad for a business meeting. My wife had an accident and I came back when without attending the meeting. But I always have the backup plan as I gave the meeting files to my next colleague. I also instructed him over phone and attended the meeting my video chat.
86.       Give me examples of what you've done in the past to nurture teamwork.
Suggestion: always working is not fun. To overcome the boredom and nurture the team relation management should arrange some breath taking activities.

Sample Ans: To build our team stronger and know each other better I arranged a picnic for the team. It was outside of the city and the whole management was done by me. We went there for two days and recreational activities like outdoor games, dance, DJ were there. After that picnic we all were recharged and planned to do more activities every year.
87.       Give an example of an unpopular decision you've made, what the result was and how you managed it.
Suggestion: Making unpopular decision is very normal thing in the case of emergency. Clarify why made this decision and what was the impact of it.
Sample Ans: at my last job we faced a serious problem during the financial crisis through the world. We have to downsize many things due to the shortage of fund. There I had to make some unpopular decisions. One of them was suspending the service of pick and drop bus service for the employee. Though it was a very daunting decision but as a transport manager I had nothing left in my hand. Prior taking the decision I sat with the management and representatives of employee. I showed they reason for the suspension and the impact for both economical and financial. I also promised them to restore the facility as soon as we have fund.
88.       Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty.
Suggestion: Tell them the incident how you responded during the critical conditions.

Sample Ans: My last company was technical company. We had to go beyond the call of duty from time to time as the lack of concentration may lead to accident. I took the responsibility of the monitoring though it was mandatory. But during that time I caught an accidental incident and solve that issue within minute. As a result I was awarded as the employee of the month.
89.       How do you involve your manager and/or others when you make a decision?

Suggestion: Tell them how you are obedient to your manager and how you make him part of the project.

Sample Ans: at my last workplace I always involved my manager at my decision. First I research the project possibilities and the problems by myself then I go to my boss and show him the total picture. I take the suggestion and the cost minimizing tips from him. I also make him updated after completion of phases of the projects. For any critical issues I inform him first and take his solution.

90.   Describe the strategies you use to make sure you don’t lose your temper with a customer. Give examples of how they worked effectively.


Suggestion: Tell them your own way of fruitful customer relation methods.

Sample Ans: Not to lose my temper with a customer I always tell myself that “Customer is our source of income.” As they provide us money in exchange of our service why should I fight with them! I may fight with them if I was a customer and they were the salesmen.